Monday, July 5, 2010

How to shop Rite Aid!

This post is for the purpose of helping you be more successful at Rite Aid. Here's an example of what you can achieve:

Saturday 7/3/10 I went to Rite Aid. Paid $8.84 with a $2 rebate after three separate transactions making total cost $6.84. Total before coupons would have been $73.83 so I saved 92% using coupons. This was with last week's Rite Aid deals but I'll give you ideas for what you can do every week.

#1- Look for the FREE items. First, free OOP. Second, free after rebate. Third, free after Wellness Credit (new Rite Aid program). These items will help you reach your $20 total without costing you anything.

#2- Use $5 off $20 purchase coupon by watching some short advertisements with Rite Aid Video Values program. You get a coupon for each advertisement you watch, it's FREE to join, AND every month after you earn 20 credits you get the $5/$20 coupon. Make sure you print all the coupons you will need for the month because you can only use the print option on each coupon once.

#3- After you have the previous two things, get your total up to $20. Depending on how many free items I have, I will try buying things I need that I don't have coupons for. This way it's like the $5 is applying toward that item.

EXAMPLE:
1 Pampers $11.99 (+ $2 SCR)
1 Veet Hair Removal $6.49
1 Playtex Sports Tampons $3.99

Used $5/$20 purchase
$3/1 Pampers Mailer coupon
$3/1 Veet In-ad coupon
$3/1 Veet Video Values coupon
$3/1 Veet IP
$1/1 Playtex Video Values
$1/1 Playtex IP
PAY $3.47
Submit for $2 SCR
Total OOP $1.47

The Veet was a FREE/Moneymaker item. I ended up "making" $2.51 on it. I needed the tampons and diapers. Since I had a high value Pampers coupon and there was a rebate, I chose Pampers brand. That still only made the diapers $6.99 which isn't very cheap until you take the $5/$20 coupon off and the Veet credit. I'm still at -52 cents. Tampons after coupons were $1.99 which is a pretty good price and now we're at $1.47 total.

The point? Manipulate your purchase to your advantage. I normally wouldn't buy Veet but it's a free/moneymaker so it's worth it. So before you go shopping, make a list of items you need, items you use that are cheap, and free items. Then try different combinations to get your total barely above the $20 minimum and making your OOP pocket change! That easy... :)

3 comments:

  1. That blows my mind... I'm working on it, but i basically can only get huggies for super cheap. And not close to free, usually half off. Which i am pretty dang proud of. In the adds it says something like free after 1 up or something, what does that mean? you can email me or facebook me of you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should've mentioned +Up rewards. I just haven't used that new feature yet. It's just like Walgreens Register Rewards except they don't expire and they will come off your NEXT purchase automatically. You don't have to buy the same thing next time to use the credit. It's just a $1 credit (if it's 1 +up reward, 2 +up rewards would give you $2 off).

    ReplyDelete