Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Raised Bed Gardening

Kevin built two raised beds for our upcoming vegetable garden. By the end of this week we should have more pictures with dirt and a few starter plants!!

Here's the 10x4:


And below is the 6x2 that Kevin designed himself. It looks GREAT! We will definitely be taking this one with us when we move. I don't know how but I don't care, we're keeping it! It looks like one you would buy at a gardening store. Good job Kevin!


So after spending a few hours gardening/weeding/prepping I realized how strangely relaxing it is. My muscles are sore and we (Kevin and I) are both  exhausted but I feel like I do after a good workout.

Advice for anyone building raised beds:
Look on Craigslist for cheap treated wood. The treated wood for these two boxes (the 6x2 has a bottom) was a little over $100. YIKES! We still have to get soil too. Walmart here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment